Passionate Software Engineer 🎉 An Agile S.O.L.I.D. Clean Coder 🤖 &Code Smell Fighter 🥷
I'm Pierre-Henry. An Optimistic & Highly Passionate Software Engineer 😊
I love programming and developing new skills with pro-activity, rigorously and methodically.
Passion for writing secure, testable and scalable applications with beautiful, clean and maintainable code 🤖 High test coverage (TDD/BDD as well!) is so important to me.
I enjoy solving problems 🧩, and fixing complex issues and bugs 🐛
Positive attitude and eagerness to accomplish any given task with the best coding practices are my core values 🏆
Having owned my tech company back in the UK (HiZup Ltd), I really like the business world too!, growth hacking, mobile search engine optimization, Web Marketing (not the old-school one! 😉) and Psychology!
Thirsty to learn and undertake new exciting things and thrilling challenges. Open to fast-paced changes with rapidly evolving business and Web toolsets 🚀
As part of my growth mindset, I always tend to see mistakes as learning experiences and continuous improvements for myself, and those around me.
Extremely passionate and motivated in what I'm doing. I always push a lot of focus, perseverance, knowledge and energy from myself to accomplish as best as I can a new project or mission from scratch.
I like productivity such as the 80/20 rule and Parkinson's law for doing more, faster and always better! 💪
Open-minded, team player and honest. I'm always eager to share knowledge and help others! 🤗
👉 Wanna see some of my open source software/projects I did? (made with lots of love) 😉
I've launched pH7CMS a while ago as well as several other exciting open source projects that you can find on my GitHub orgs 😊
🍇 Everyday learning, coding, researching, eating fruits, and doing sport are my vital fuel to keep myself great and happy 😊
I would love to speak for the whole night about programming and IT, to anyone who desires 🤩
- 👨💻 Job Passionate&Enthusiastic Software Engineer 😍
- 🌃 City Adelaide CBD 🇦🇺
- 📮 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ☎️ Whatsapp (+61) 0426874095
- 🥘 Comfort food 😋 Provencal Ratatouille / Mushroom, Spinach, Goat Soufflé 🍲
- 📓 Favorite books 📚 Dragon Compilers & Pragmatic Programmer
- Languages Speak French 🇫🇷 & English 🏴 fluently
🛡 Fullstack Engineer @ Sine Group (Honeywell) 🇦🇺2020 / 2022
Working on both the frontend and backend APIs as well as microservices and cross-shared packages of the core visitor management cloud-based product using JS ES6/7, React, Node 14-16, Express, TypeScript 4, Sequelize / Postgres, test automation with Cypress for integration and end-to-end tests, event-messaging SNS/SQS queuing systems, NewRelic, Docker, Jenkins and several AWS services (EC2, ECS, Fargate, S3, ...).
🚀 Principle Maintainer @ pH7Builder Community Builder™2015 / 2021
Working on my open-source "Social Community Builder" project during my spare time 😊
● One of the biggest open source projects I have ever coded 👨💻 And probably the one I'm particularly most proud of ☺️
● Assist users with technical support inquiries via GitHub Issues (including emails, etc).
● Lead the project, manage user issues/feedback, implement the new features/modules, and keep the product roadmap up-to-date.
● Writing the documentation for the end-user (e.g. on https://ph7builder.com/doc).
● More recently, pH7Builder has migrated from PHP 5.6 to PHP 8.1 - https://github.com/pH7Software/pH7-Social-Dating-CMS/pull/937
I’ve pushed a lot of determination and knowledge for the last 12 years to accomplish the mission I’ve always dreamed of delivering to the open-source’s world, which was to release the first large-scale, free and open-source, social dating builder software.
🍓Product Owner / Developer / Founder 🍍2018 / 2020
Lifyzer Healthy Food Solution™ is a social-food mobile app that aims for transparency and opinions between customers. It allows users to share their feedback on food items and rate them.
Thanks to its clever OCR and barcode scanning technologies (using Google Mobile Vision and Firebase), it also instantly gives the health score and useful details about items you regularly eat or purchase.
In order to give the most reliable data available on the different continents, Lifyzer partially uses OpenFoodFacts, Foodrepo.org, and the US FoodData Central (FDC), which are the biggest open-source nutrition databases.
Lifyzer is another side project I’ve really enjoyed creating and working on! 🤗 Building and marketing from scratch a complex and meaningful project that solves an obvious problem everybody is concerned about is highly rewarding! 🚀
Available on iOS (a native app built with Swift):
As well as on Android (natively coded in Java):
The apps use a simple REST API built on top of PHP 7.3 and using MySQL database.
Finally, I’m currently working on a food search engine, based on Algolia 🚀
⚡️ Lifyzer is 100% transparent with its users. That’s why the project is 100% open source 💪
GitHub Organization => https://github.com/Lifyzer
💡 Skills involved: Swift 5 (for iOS app), Java (for Android app), PHP 7.3/MySQL (for API/search engine).
🐘 Symfony Developer @ Eyemagnet 🇳🇿2018 / 2019
Eyemagnet provides IPTV software, personalized advertising solution, and analytics/content management cloud services for large enterprises such as Westpac, Spark, New Zealand Parliament and Sky Stadium.
→ Developed modern PHP Web applications and APIs using Symfony 3 and v4, with PHP 7+ features and Doctrine / PostgreSQL.
→ Maintained existing PHP Symfony applications and frontend projects.
→ Created and maintained websites built with Drupal 8 CMS.
→ Built micro SMS eCommerce websites (Symfony 4, Bootstrap 4, Bambora payment API) for Jack Daniel's and St John New Zealand.
→ Translated the Media CMS product into French.
🏡 Software Engineer @ Daft.ie (Distilled SCH) 🇮🇪2015 / 2018
Daft.ie is the largest Irish property website with a unique audience of over 2.5 million users each month. Daft.ie is one of the DistilledSCH brands, which is the combined business of the Irish Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Group from Oslo, Norway.
● Worked on the brand new mobile web app using PHP 7.1 features, with Slim3 framework, Twig2, SASS, Susy, gulp, grunt.
● Worked with the RESTful APIs, security vulnerabilities, Elasticsearch, SparkPost, RabbitMQ, and Docker/Vagrant.
● Worked on DistilledSCH’s latest project, a single API platform based on microservices built on top of Java Spring Boot.
● Worked on upgrading the old legacy website's platform from PHP 5.3 to 7+
● Worked with various Symfony components & Doctrine2 .
● Helped making the website/web app compliant with GDPR and with IHREC equality by parsing and checking new ad entries.
● High-quality code, high test coverage, TDD/BDD, and SOLID principles were the main goals.
● Used Rundeck, Jenkins, Travis CI, and Capistrano as CI/CD tools.
● Agile methodologies such as 2-week sprints, backlog grooming, retros, demos, daily scrum standup, and used Kanban board with Jira, and Targetprocess for Scrum workflow.
Solo Web Developer/Customer Care @ Hizup, Ltd2013 / 2017
→ Working on improving and implementing new features, articulating the vision of the products, and maintaining my commercial Web software such as pH7CMSPro, pH2Date, and pH4Social.
→ Giving commercial technical support.
→ Marketing strategy 🚀, branding, SEO 📊, growth hacking 💥, ... for both my commercial and open-source software.
→ Created and maintained a cloud-hosted SaaS service for my pH7CMS Pro software (was doing technical customer support as well).
Whilst the “pH7CMSPro social-dating website builder” SaaS product got great feedback and had several happy customers, I ultimately failed to make it a sustainable business. However, I enjoyed a lot running my “Dating Software Provider as a Service” and learned so much during this challenging and rewarding journey!
Full Stack Developer @ HiZup, Ltd2013 / 2015
● Worked for clients on different small and medium projects. To summarize, it was: creation of plugins, upgrading two PHP Web applications from version 4 to 5 (OOP conversion as well), creation of Web themes, modifications, and building new features for a few clients' websites, …
● Built some plugins and templates for Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, and BoonEx Dolphin 7/8 CMS.
● I did consulting in afternoons/evenings to assist my clients with their new websites and explaining to them how to get better results and more traffic on their websites and helped them with some technical parts such as Apache server and cPanel issues.
💵 Full-Stack Developer, Link2Payment2017 / 2017
Link2Payment is a side project. I did it when I was on holidays. It allows anyone to get paid anywhere from anyone with their Stripe account.
Thanks Link2Payment, you don't need a website, you don't need an SSL certificate, you can literally be paid from anywhere (even by just putting your unique payment link on a paper book) while taking all advantages of Stripe.
App Source Code: https://github.com/pH-7/Link2Payment
Full-Stack Developer, MyDreamLife.eu 🇪🇺2017 / 2017
MyDreamLife is a side project. I created it to give a TODO-list and Itinerary for a new (exciting) life. It is designed for European people from 18 to 30 (mainly from Spain, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Italy) who want to move and try a new life abroad but don't know the process to do it.
The artificial intelligence of the app will give them, ste-by-step, the whole map for starting their dream life & doing it!
Web App Source Code: https://github.com/pH-7/MyDreamLife.eu
Keep in Touch ✉️
Feel free to reach me! I will be pleased to talk with you! 😊